According to a random website I googled about Chinese Zodiac signs, 2011 was the year of the rabbit.
2011 was cute, furry and a little gamey. This year it is all about the dragon; a fire-breathing, ass kicking, but hopefully not scaley, dragon.
Last year my resolutions were ok – blog, travel, feel proud of myself, blah blah blah. While I achieved many of these goals, I unfortunately failed to even attempt my most basic resolution which was to learn how to poach an egg. Its ok though, poached eggs were so the year of the rabbit, for the year of the dragon my resolutions are:
- Workout twice a week (ha, yea right…except I already went to Pilates and just signed up for a non-refundable boot camp so breathe my fire!!!)
- Do not buy any clothing for the first 3 months of the year
- Eat more oysters, sushi, and vegetarian dishes
- Travel, travel, travel. Fingers crossed for a big trip to Greece and Turkey, or to Spain.
- Update this blog once a week at least. Last year I had a few gaps but definitely an improvement from 2010 (the year of the tiger)
So if you see me in 2012, hopefully I will be wearing the same clothes as last year, looking fit, and slurping down an oyster on the Aegean sea.
Happy New Year!